Last Updated: July 1, 2013
- The Information we collect and how we collect it
- In this section we explain what information we collect from you. In the next section we explain how we use and disclose that information.
- In order to provide you with, improve and personalize this site, BFTV collects certain information submitted to us by you. Most of this information is not personally identifiable, although in some instances it may identify your computer or device. In some instances we may request Personal Information, which means that it can be used to individually identify you. However, most features of this site may be used without the need to submit Personal Information. We will only request or collect Personal Information if it is reasonably required for your participation in a particular activity or feature on this site, or for performing a transaction. Other than the information we request, other information may be transferred to us by an automated process when you browse or use this site.
- These are the types of information that we collect:1) Registration information that you provide us when you register to or create an account, including your first name and surname, country and state of residence, age or date of birth, email, a user name and password. Registration information is required when you register for certain features on the site, such as to establish a monthly account or to receive a newsletter. It is not required for browsing only, and is not collected from you if you chose not to register. Only persons over the age of 13 may register and open accounts.
2) Information provided when uploading data or content or participating in competitions or sweepstakes. This includesinformation provided when participating in activities such as Baby of the Week, Video of the Week and Baby U Courses as well as forums, blogs and communities and similar features. This may include your first name and surname, country and state of residence, age or date of birth, email, you user name and password, as well as pictures, videos and voice recordings of your baby or toddler and his or her first name.
3) Information provided to perform transactions. When you purchase a product or service from our Site, in addition to your first name and surname, country and state of residence, date of birth, email, user name and password, we may also ask for your street or other billing address and your credit card or other payment details..
4) Information provided through social media plug-ins. When you link your account to a social media account, s such as a Facebook account, or access this Site through such an account, or when you use social media plug-ins such as the Facebook, Like or Share button, your user name and password and other information, including your picture and friends from those platforms may be collected by us and may be visible to others. This information may also be used by the social media platform.
5) Geolocation Information. When you connect to the Site using a mobile device or tablet, and in some cases, a computer, it may provide us with information regarding your precise geographical location. However, we will not prompt for that information
6) Computer, browser and device Information. Use of this site involves the automatic transfer of certain information between your computer or other device, such as a mobile phone or tablet, and our servers, such as your, the type of operating system(e.g.Window or Mac OS) and the type of browser (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Safari or Firefox) you are using, or your mobile or tablet Unique ID (UDID). In addition, BFTV’s servers automatically log (record) information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website, which may include details of the pages you visited, services requested and the date and time of your visit or request.
8) General Information. In addition to the above, we collect general non-Personal Information, such as information on your country or city in order to conduct analytics in order to improve our Site and adapt it to our users.
- Use and Disclosure of Information
- We may use the information we collect, including Personal Information, to provide you with, improve and personalize services, features and content, to manage your account, to contact you, to conduct research and review of our site, services and features, and to offer you related goods, services and content.
- We may use your information, and allow business partners or affiliates of ours to use it in a manner that is not personally identifiable in order to conduct research about use of this site, user habits and preferences.
- We may use information, including Personal Information, to send you news and updates regarding this site and to offer you advertisements and promotions of goods and services on behalf of ourselves, or business partners or affiliates. However, we will not share your Personal Information with other parties, except as stated in this Policy, or as specifically authorized by you.
- In certain circumstances, we may provide Personal Information or non-personal information, or both to third parties that provide us with technical services, support or other services regarding the maintenance and operation of this site and its related services. When we do that, we will require the third party not to use the information for any other purpose and not to transfer it to a third party.
- Additionally, we may provide Personal Information or non-personal information, or both to a third party, as required by an order or subpoena issued by a judicial or administrative authority or by a law enforcement agency, or as we may in good faith, consider necessary under law, or upon a request or demand received by us in connection with a legal complaint, claim, suit or procedure.
- Children’s Privacy
- BFTV has made every effort to comply with the rules of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act 1998 (COPPA) and provide a safe and secure environment for babies and toddlers and their parents to use and enjoy this Site..
- Because BFTV is intended for use by babies and toddlers under the supervision of their parents, and is not directed towards children of reading age, we ask and expect that only Parents provide Personal Information, including any Personal Information about their babies and toddlers, such as pictures, videos and first names.
- We do not collect Personal Information from Children themselves and do not allow children to open accounts, or participate in competitions or sweepstakes. Only Parents may open accounts or enter competitions or sweepstakes. If you are a Child, you may not submit any Personal Information or try to open an account or participate in a competition or sweepstake.
- If we become aware that despite our safeguards a Child has submitted Personal Information, we will contact the Child’s parent as soon as possible at the email address provided and ask him or her to verify that he or she consents to the submission. If the parent does not respond within two days, or if the Child has not provided a working and correct email for the Parent we will delete any Personal Information submitted.
- F. When you contact us to ask for specific information about your Child’s information, we will first verify that you are the Child’s parent. We may do this in one of the following manners: asking you to send us a signed verification form by post or fax, asking for photographic or documentary proof of identity, through a trained operator who will speak to you in person when you call the above dedicated telephone number, or by asking you to submit a valid credit card number.
- Any Personal Information collected from a Child will be used and shared only as set out in Section 3.
- H. You may also access you Child’s Personal Information and amend or delete it by using the function at my account and entering the user name and password.
- I. Parents may, at any time, revoke their consent given for the collection of Personal Information from their Child, or for any further collection of Personal Information, by contacting us as provided above. We will follow the same procedures to verify that you are indeed the Child’s parent. After receiving such request we shall delete the Child’s Personal Information.
- J. We will not direct personalized advertising to Children.
- K. We encourage parents to speak with their children about safety issues when using the internet.
- Third Party Advertisers and Ad Servers
- Storage and Security of Information
- We store user information, including Personal Information on our servers, which may be located in different countries, or on servers of third parties who provide us with storage facilities, which may also be in different countries. Any Personal Information or other information may therefore be used and stored in a country different from yours.
- Information is stored on secured servers and we shall use our best efforts and industry standard measures, technologies and procedures to preserve the integrity of Personal Information and to thwart unauthorized access and use thereof. However, we cannot guarantee any Personal Information against unauthorized access and use by third parties acting maliciously or in bad faith.
- If we identify a security breach, involving unauthorized access of a third party to your Personal Information, we shall use our best efforts to notify you of such as soon as is reasonably possible, using the contact information that you have previously provided to us.
- User Choices
- You may make choices regarding your information, its collection and use.
- If you do not wish any information of any type, including non-Personal Information to be collected about you, you should not use this site.
- If you do not wish to submit Personal Information, you should not submit any personal Information. Please take into account that in this case you will not be able to use certain features of this site, although you will be able to continue to use other features.
- If you do not wish your user name, real name, personal picture or other such information to be published you should not submit data of this type.
- If you do not wish to receive or to continue to receive electronic communications (emails) from us or our business partners you may chose to opt-out from receiving such information by clicking on the link provided in all electronic communications received by you and following the instructions. In such case, we shall refrain from sending you advertising or promotional materials, as detailed in the opt-out message, but shall reserve the right to continue to contact you regarding your account and important information about this site.
- In some cases, we may offer features and services on an opt-in basis. In those cases, you will be asked to affirmatively signify your agreement to use or receive those services or features. If you do not choose to signify your agreement, we will not provide you with those features or services.
- Depending on the type of browser you use, you can set or reset your browser to refuse or limit acceptance of cookies, or certain types of cookies, to warn you when a cookie is being sent, or to delete stored cookies. However, if you do so, certain features and services of our site may become unavailable to you or may not function fully. To learn how to manage or disable cookies, consult your Browser’s documents. Disabling cookies will not necessarily disable all other similar technologies. For information on disabling Flash Cookies please go to the Site of Adobe. For other information about disabling such technologies, you may contact us.
- You may prevent your mobile device, tablet or other device from giving out geolocation information by using its controls. Consult your device’s documentation for this
- Accessing and Modifying Your Personal Information
- You may at any time access and modify any accessible personal Information submitted by you (not including user name) by using the access feature on the site.
- You may at any time amend or delete all or some of your Personal Information stored on our servers, by using the delete feature in the My Account area on the site. However, we cannot guarantee that such deletion will remove all such information from all areas of the servers.
- Please note that if you chose to modify, or request us to delete any Personal Information or other information, we may retain copies of the information as originally submitted in order to ensure payment for any goods and services and as may be required by an order or subpoena issued by a judicial or administrative authority or by a law enforcement agency, or as we may in good faith, consider necessary under law, or upon a request or demand received by us in connection with a legal complaint, claim, suit or procedure.
- For details about parental access and modification of Personal Information received from Children, please read Section 4.
- Changes to this Policy
- California Privacy Rights
- California Civil Code Section 1798/83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at: Website Manager, BFTV LLC, 10390 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 310 Royal Beverly Glen Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90025 – USA, or contact us by email at email@example.com, or by telephone at 888-251-BABY
- International Transfer
- If you are viewing or using this site from a country other than the USA, please be aware that you will be transferring information, including Personal outside of your country. Your continued access and use of this site will indicate your consent to this.
- Please also be aware that the privacy protection laws in the USA may be different from those in your own country.
- This Policy does not govern the collection or use of information by third parties, such as advertisers on our site. For information on how third parties collect and use information, please consult the privacy Policies of those third parties.
- Contact Information
- Website Manager, BFTV LLC, 10390 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 310 Royal Beverly Glen Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90025 – USA, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 885-251-BABY