You can pin an app’s screen to keep it in view until you unpin it. For example, you can pin an app and hand your phone to a friend. With the screen pinned, your friend can use only that app. To use your other apps again, you can unpin the screen.
Turn on screen pinning
1. Open your phone’s Settings app.
2. Tap Security or Security & location > Advanced > Screen pinning.
3. Turn on Screen pinning.
When screen pinning is on, you’ll see an option to ask for your PIN, pattern, or password before unpinning.
Pin a screen
1. After turning on screen pinning:
2. Go to the screen you want to pin.
3. Swipe up to the middle of your screen. If this doesn’t open your Overview, go to the steps for Android 8.1 & below.
4. At the top of the image, tap the app’s icon.
5. Tap the Pin.
Unpin a screen
To unpin a screen:
Gesture navigation: Swipe up and hold.
2-button navigation: Touch and hold Back and Home.
3-button navigation: Touch and hold Back and Overview.
If you’re asked for your PIN, pattern, or password, enter it.